Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 1: 'Game On' and 'The Quest to Replace my Microwave'

I start my game three hours earlier than I had planned when a friend texts me and wakes me up.  It's alright though, after all, what gamer would not be ecstatic at the chance to play a new game three hours before it was supposed to release?

My first task, after breakfast (1 point) that is, also happens to be the start of a quest.  The quest Begin an Exercise Routine, it's worth 100 points and has two requirements I must fulfill.

1) Exercise 7 days in a row.
2 )At least two of those days must be strength training.

On top of the quest, my normal exercise routine is worth 25 points a day for the Health stat (plus one point for every consecutive day on which I exercise, capping at a total of 50 points possible per day).  I can also earn bonus points for every ten minutes I go over the length of my normal exercise routine, and for beating previous records.

Today I am on the exercise bike while I re-watch the ridiculously awesome Gurren Lagann.  I am still texting with the friend who woke me up, I don't stop exercising to respond, but I do pause the program, so my exercise routine lasts normal than longer, but I am happy with the results.


307 Calories burned in one exercise biking period.  From now on, that's the high score to beat.

My next couple tasks are less exciting.

My normal hygiene routine (shower, brush teeth, shave, comb hair, put on deodorant) nets me five points in the Personal Aesthetic stat.  Watching the news and reading a book net me 14 points in the Knowledge and Spirit stat.

It's time for something more exciting, a quest I can complete today, The Quest to Replace my Microwave, which counts for points towards the Personal Aesthetic stat.

A couple of months ago my parent's gave me a new microwave, instead of setting it up, I put it on the floor.  There it has become less of a microwave and more of a very small table for stuff that doesn't belong on any table regardless of its size.


Not only should I get this microwave off the floor, I need to replace the old one.  It's old and more than a little disgusting since I can't remember the last time I cleaned it.


The Quest to Replace my Microwave has three steps.

Step 1) Remove and clean old microwave (25 pts).


Step 2) Clean counter area and insert new microwave (25 pts).


Step 3) Take the old microwave to a charitable thrift shop to donate.  (25 pts)


Oh well, it's a start.  Quest... not quite yet complete.  

The rest of the day is mostly uneventful, though my kitchen went from this...



... to this (20 pts)


Bedding was washed (15 pts), and two healthy meals were had (6 pts).

Finally, in order to develop a catalog of pictures which I can use in my artwork, I have devoted myself to taking at least 10 pictures a day which I could use for a piece (10 pts).  As such, I will be leaving my favorite picture of the day here, as the picture of the day.


I took this photo in my parent's back yard while visiting them to do laundry.  It was a tough pick for me between this picture and another flower I took a picture of, but ultimately the kind of droopy quality this flower has endeared it to me.  Maybe it's sad because my father has been complaining that the sunflowers have been blooming too low to the ground... or maybe it's just the bird shit.  Who's to say?  Either way, it is my picture of the day.  

After tallying the numbers, my score for today is 146.  Let's see if I can't top that tomorrow.