Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 7: Score one Interview

I start my serious work today by finishing the last part of the Start an Exercise Routine quest with another strength training session.  The session (25 points), the quest (100 points).  Not a bad start to the day.

As I am taking my shower, the phone rings.  It's Walmart, where I applied to work, they are looking for a cashier and are offering me an interview tomorrow.  As part of the get a job quest, that's another 100 points.  Definitely not a bad start to the day.

In order to be ready, I decide there are some things I'll want for the interview, a nice shirt and a razor which will give me a better shave than my electric, so I have to make a trip to Walmart (25 points).

After that it's off to my parent's house.  They need help moving some stuff (10 points), and I need to do laundry (10 points).  While I am there another problem is brought to my attention.  The university I attend has sent me a letter.  I had to drop a class in the Fall semester, and as a result I am one hour short of the number of hours I need in order to keep my scholarship.  So I add a new quest, Complete a Summer Course that is Worth 1 Credit Hour.  The first part, which I complete today (signing up for a class), is worth 25 points.  When I am given a syllabus, I will add a series of mini-quests based around assignments, as well as end game scores based around grade.

Here is the Picture of the Day.


On the way home from my parent's house, I play around with the camera.  Lights are so fascinating at night when caught on camera, and the shaking of the car caused by the road adds another variable.  I take a lot of pictures, but this one is my favorite.

Today's final score: 314 pts.  A new high score!

But this is the end of the first week, so it's time to tally the score for the week, and distribute points to stat categories to see if I've leveled up.

Score for the Week: 1,175 pts.

Total points in:

Artist Goals: 75 pts.

Health: 472 pts.

Knowledge and Spirit: 70 pts.

Personal Aesthetic: 286 pts.

Misc: 272 pts.

I haven't leveled up, however it is becoming very clear the areas in which I need to focus more effort.  Even so, this has been, by far, one of the most productive weeks I have had in a long long time.