Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 6: Blocked by the Universe

Some days it just seems like the universe just wants to get in your way.

I have my breakfast this morning, followed by the energy drink I usually drink part of before I start my exercise routine.  I go to the bathroom, and am about to wash my hands when I find that the water has been temporarily shut off in my complex for repairs.  For many people this would not be a big deal, but I am not many people, I am an OCD hand washer.  I just can't bring myself to touch anything until I have washed my hands, and finally I use a paper towel to open my fridge, and grab a bottle of flavored water to use to wash my hands with.

It's not a good start to the day.  Since I can't shower until the water is back on, I don't want to do my exercise yet, and end up lazing around watching TV.

By the time the water is back, and I'm about ready to start my exercise, the universe finds another way to frustrate.  A tornado watch has been issued, my parent's call me to say that they're planning to head to my aunt's storm shelter if it gets raised to a warning.  I do my exercise, though without the usual gusto, shower, and head over.  Most of the day is spent waiting before finally going to the shelter, which is stuffy, too hot, and mildly claustrophobic.  It feels just a little bit like a bad trip.

By the time I get back home, I'm pretty tired.  Still, I really want to do something at least resembling work on my graphic novel.  So I spend some time working on character design.  It's good practice, especially because it's one of the areas where I'm weaker, and need a lot of improvement (25 pts).

I try to take some pictures today too, but in all honesty, none of them are worth writing home about.

Today's score: 83 points.